Disney Phineas and Ferb: Agent P’s World Showcase Adventure Review
So you are walking around Epcot and you see a bunch of people with flip phones that look like they are from 10 years ago and you are wondering what is going on. Well what you are seeing is honorary agents on secret missions.
Epcot’s Phineas and Ferb Agent P’s World Showcase Adventure is an interactive adventure where guests are given a top secret phone that Major Monogram can reach them at and give them details to their top secret mission around World Showcase.
Each mission takes place at the different countries pavilions around World Showcase. There are six different missions to choose from at the following countries:
- Mexico Pavilion
- China Pavilion
- Germany Pavilion
- Japan Pavilion
- France Pavilion
- United Kingdom Pavilion
Each mission takes about 30 minutes to complete depending on how quick you are.
I successfully completed every mission and it took me a little over two and half hours from start to finish. I did delay myself here and there if there were other guests doing the mission because I did not want to see what they were doing and spoil the surprise for myself.
So how does it work?
First you go to one of the four recruitment centers around World Showcase. There’s one on the main bridge on your way into World Showcase, one in the UK, one in Italy and one in Norway. There is will you will be given your Field Operative Notification Equipment, or F.O.N.E. You will choose your first mission and it will guide you to where your mission begins.
Without giving away any spoilers to what actually happens on your mission I will just say some general statements about what you can expect to see on your Agent P’s World Showcase Adventure. The main and coolest thing about the missions is that you get to use your F.O.N.E. to control real objects around the various pavilions in World Showcase at Epcot. You follow the instructions on your phone and when you get to the specified location you press a button on the phone and the pavilion comes to life. It is so much fun to be in control of different objects around World Showcase.
SPOILER ALERT I WILL MENTION ONE THING HERE TO ILLUSTRATE HOW COOL THE MISSIONS. So for example for one part of the Mexico adventure you go to the Mexican pavilion and stand near the entrance of the main area that has the shops and restaurant and rides in it. You stand there facing the large volcano at the back of the Pavilion by the Gran Fiesta Tour starring the Three Caballeros and press the button on your F.O.N.E. when you press the button the volcano comes to life.
These missions are a lot of fun to do. Whether you are in a group or flying solo I recommend to do at least one of the adventures. I think especially for adults who are in the parks solo the Agent P’s World Showcase Adventure is a really fun and relaxing thing to do while you are roaming around the different pavilions at World Showcase. Kids and adults alike will love the missions and if you aren’t enjoying it you can bail on your mission at any moment.
If I had to recommend only one mission to do of all the pavilions I’d recommend Mexico but then again the Mexico pavilion is my favorite to begin with. The Mexico adventure did have some really cool interactions though, they all did really so Mexico for me was only a slight bump above the others.
In my opinion I will list the missions in order of my favorite to least favorite below.
Keep in mind I thought all the missions were fun but I did like some more than others. Below I will go into a more in depth look at why I liked each mission. BEWARE there are spoilers to come.
SPOILER ALERT! I will be talking about some of the best parts of the missions so if you want it to be a surprise please skip this section.
- Mexico – The Mexico adventure had some great interactions. The one I listed about about the volcano coming to life was my favorite thing that happened in all of the missions I did. There are some great surprises that pop up in different areas around the pavilion. You really get to see things you would not have seen if you were not doing the missions. Things were just popping up all over the place.
- Japan – The Japan adventure also had some great interactions come to life. My favorite here was just outside of the Mitsukoshi’s store you could make smoke come up and it got really smokey. While I was doing it I actually had 3 or 4 families stop just to watch it happen because it was pretty cool.
- France – Two things come to mind about France that were just so cool. One was you stood in a certain place, look up at the Eiffel Tower and press OK on your F.O.N.E. when you do this it sends you a picture of yourself looking up at the Eiffel Tower. Apparently there is a camera up there that takes your picture. Pretty cool. Then another awesome thing that happens in France is you get to see Perry go zip lining. It’s pretty darn cool too.
- Germany – This one had some great interactions too. One of them was outside the Oktoberfest restaurant by the large clock tower you get to make that come to life. Inside one of the stores you get to make a large toy train come to life as well. Being that it was Germany and Doofenschmirtz is to a certain degree German the story here was really funny.
- China – China was a fun mission but I felt the interactions were not as exciting as the other missions. They were definitely cool but they were more on a smaller scale.
- UK – Like China I felt the interactions here were not as large scale as the other pavilions. There is a part where you go into a phone booth and get a golf ball to bring to another location that was fun but again small scale things.
The thing I enjoyed most from the missions are the large scale interactions. The interactions that made big things happen around the pavilion where the most fun for me. Making the clock tower, volcano and smoke happen felt cool to be in control of it.
In conclusion I say definitely try the Agent P’s World Showcase Adventure even if you just do one mission. It’s a great fun thing to do and it does take you to parts of the pavilions you might not otherwise visit. If you are going to just browse the pavilions anyways you might as well start a mission and have some extra fun while browsing. Also if you are waiting on a Fastpass the Agent P’s World Showcase Adventure’s can be a great way to pass the time while still having fun. To start the missions only takes a couple of minutes to get the F.O.N.E. and you are on your way. There’s no wait, no line and you can go at your own pace.
Give it a try and let us know how your experience with Agent P’s World Showcase Adventure went in the Comments Below!
Here’s a video of a full mission in place for UK